GDPR-How your information is shared so that this practice can meet legal requirements

Alum Rock Medical Centre

How your information is shared so that this practice can meet legal requirements

The law requires Alum Rock Medical Centre to share information from your medical records in certain circumstances. Information is shared so that the NHS or Public Health England can, for example:


·         plan and manage services;

·         check that the care being provided is safe;

·         prevent infectious diseases from spreading. 


We will share information with NHS Digital, the Care Quality Commission and local health protection team (or Public Health England) when the law requires us to do so. Please see below for more information.


We must also share your information if a court of law orders us to do so.



 NHS Digital

·         NHS Digital is a national body which has legal responsibilities to collect information about health and social care services.


·         It collects information from across the NHS in England and provides reports on how the NHS is performing. These reports help to plan and improve services to patients.


·         This practice must comply with the law and will send data to NHS Digital, for example, when it is told to do so by the Secretary of State for Health or NHS England under the Health and Social Care Act 2012.


·         More information about NHS Digital and how it uses information can be found at:



Care Quality Commission (CQC)

·         The CQC regulates health and social care services to ensure that safe care is provided.


·         The law says that we must report certain serious events to the CQC, for example, when patient safety has been put at risk.


·         For more information about the CQC see:




Public Health

·         The law requires us to share data for public health reasons, for example to prevent the spread of infectious diseases or other diseases which threaten the health of the population.


·         We will report the relevant information to local health protection team or Public Health England.


·         For more information about Public Health England and disease reporting see:

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website